Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What a day!

So today felt like it was never going to end. I woke up at 6am wondering why am I getting up so early? Then I thought to myself I could use another hour of sleep. My final thought was that I could not wait to go to bed tonight. I feel as if I should be use to sleep deprivation but no, I must say that I enjoy my 8 hours when I can get it. As of now I"m averaging 6hours a night. (I digress) Eventually, I made it to school but first I had to fight traffic. One of the great things about LA is traffic. Usually I leave my house around 7pm and get to school about 7:35ish. Unforunatley, today I was running late. I left my house at 7:10 which through off my day. Everyone who lives in LA knows that if you leave 10minutes late, you are going be waiting in traffic. It's amazing how leaving ten minutes late can affect your normal 30min commute and exceed it to a 50min commute. Anyways, i barely made it to class which is always a little stressful. You really never want to be that person who is late for class, teachers do not like that! My first class went well. We joined another class today and talked about eatting disorders. I must say that it was so interesting and the class few by. After class, I had to talk to my professer and then rush to health services for an appointment. Then it was off to a Financial Aid meeting. Next I had to print out some slides from the computer lab which was of course busy. Around 11am to 1pm, everyone is in the room and it can be challenging to find a seat. Eventually I printed out my slides, rushed to heat up my lunch and went to class. My second class is pretty straightforward. We had a lecture and then broke up into groups to discuss the midterm project. MIDTERMS are on their way. After class, I did some research at the computer lab and then went to the parking center to pick up my car. Finally, I fought traffic once again. Honestly, traffic on the way home is not as bad as long as you leave around 4pm. When I got home I cooked and by cooking I mean, making a bowl of cereal. The rest of the night consisted of me debating whether I was going to take a nap or start doing homework. After an hour of debating and talking with my roommate I finally decided to tactile the excessive amount of homework that is due this week. Right now it's 11:45 and I still need to finish work. OH well, just the life of a MSW student. Not glamourous but real which is the way I like it!

No comments: