Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Step by step

As midterms are quickly approaching, I noticed that I need more time to really focus! The past two nights, I have been writing a couple pages of my paper that's due next week. By tonight, it should be finished! I really like taking things one step at a time. That way, I don't feel overwhelmed or lots of pressure because I have given myself enough time to do it! Organization is a key factor in really succeeding at grad school...and keeping your mind straight! I have scheduled my time in a way that I have small goals to reach every day. Compartmentalizing (a social work term!) keeps everything managable! I'm nervous about a test in my research class this Friday, but I reviewed my notes for it on Monday and plan on studying for a majority of the day tomorrow. I keep reminding myself that everything will get done. Sometimes it's hard to see the end when there are so many papers in sight! But no matter what, doing a little bit each day is better than waiting until the last minute. I still don't get a lot of sleep (probably about 6 hours every night), but I'm definitely keeping a clear head!

No comments: