Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sleepless NIGHTS!

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I highly value my sleep. I don’t suffer from insomnia, and I have to sleep eight hour nights, but the last few days I have been losing a lot of sleep and the culprit is graduate school. I am not an individual who allows things to stress me out. Primarily, because I recognize that the time that I spend stressing out can be filled by addressing whatever situation or issue is at hand. However, lately I feel overwhelmed and consumed with the planning of the next six months of my life. I am out there in the social work world networking as effectively as possible in order to find a place of employment where I will be happy. I am looking to work somewhere where I can utilize both of my degrees and somewhere where there is potential for growth as an administrator. I also recognize that being young and having minimal employment experience limits my options. I have so many questions still left unanswered. Like where I will work? What if I get an internship abroad or in another state? Should I pursue licensing, or should I position myself to apply to a PhD program? Do I want a job that weighs more heavily on social work or public administration? Is my place of internship a place where I would be a satisfied employee? Where am I going to live? Okay, so I won’t burden you with any further questions, but the reality is that as graduate students we have so many options and its an enormous task to attempt to make a rational decision.

No comments: