Monday, February 19, 2007

I'm ready for the real world...

I've now been at USC the past 6 years (yes, I received my BA in journalism and sociology) and I think the tank is finally teetering on the E mark. Late nights of procrastination and term papers, final assignments, 7am wake up times for 6hrs of classes...I'm ready to leave this bubble called USC and experience the real world. Not that being on my own for the past 6 years hasn't been a great breeding ground surviving in an uncompromising city like Los Angeles, but there is a sense that my life has yet to begin and I'm ready for change. I'm ready to go apartment hunting in the classifieds. I'm ready to go on interviews in search for that "perfect fit" job. I'm ready to reinvent the way in which therapy has been traditionally experienced in the school setting and start innovative creative writing programs that will foster the brilliance and potential I believe exists in all children, rather, all people. I'm ready to make social change on the communal, city, state, and national stage. I'm ready. I'm ready. I'm ready...for the real world.

Now If I can just make it through these last 2 1/2 months...

No comments: