Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Fruits Of My Labor

Well as most of you know I'm a macro-level intern. One of the major challenges that I have found in macro-level social work is connecting my contributions to the well-being of my clients. However, today I was able to see the fruit of my labor and man was I EXCITED! One of the projects that I was working on was the development of a marketing and recruitment packet. Initially, when I was assigned to the project I was perplexed by the purpose of the assignment, but it became clear to me that I would be able to develop a tool that would allow the department's goal of recruiting the best psychiatrists possible. So I was able to work on the recruitment packet development team and seeing the final product was an awesome experience. Of course it was like a four month process....but everything takes a lil' longer in the public sector. Anywho, it was so rewarding to see what I had contributed to the department I am interning in, and it is nice to see that my contribution will remain even after I leave my place of internship.

No comments: