Monday, February 26, 2007

Just an update on how yesterday turned out...

Yesterday can be viewed as a success!! While I did not end up watching the Oscars OR see any stars (I'm still waiting...I've been in LA for 6 months and I still have not spotted any stars!! But that's probably because I don't hang out in the right places...the school of social work isn't the hot spot for seeing Brad Pitt...although it IS conveniently located right across the Shrine Auditorium where PLENTY of award shows are hosted!) I did manage to write some of my policy midterm and do a lot of reading for my behavior class. It's crazy how much time I still waste, despite my extreme productivity. However, at least the work I'm doing is enjoyable and I definitely understand why it's necessary in earning a masters in social work. Like for instance, yesterday I learned that the most creative time of your life is during middle/older adulthood. And i thought i was pretty creative!! Haha. Oh the good things to come! I also learned that I have a high level of emotional intelligence, which I think most social workers must have, because it requires you to have a deep understanding of other people's feelings and integrating your own feelings into a way that allows you to get what others feel. (wow, i really hope I just gave you an accurate definition!) In any case, it's SO interesting, and I'm learning a ton. I just really wish that there was a way that by sleeping on my books, all the information would just transfer into my head! Osmosis! (Maybe? I don't really know...I wasn't the best at science...) In any case, school is challenging, yet fulfilling. And really, I had a great weekend. I got to explore West Hollywood with one of the coolest people in the program. I ate pie for breakfast on Saturday morning at this Farmer's Market on 3rd Street. Seriously, that's the kind of stuff you can only get away with when you are in a masters program. Yes, yes, life is good as a masters student. :o)

No comments: