Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Results are in!

Last week I was extremely stressed about my research exam. I spent the week prior, studying and stressing and then studying some more. The night before the exam I was completely tired from placement and working that night but I had to study. At about 11pm I started studying until 2:00am. I woke up early the next day to study before the exam and still I was nervous. So a week later the exams are in and the professor is ready to hand them back. She approached me today and stated that she needs to talk to me. Of course at this point I assumed I failed and she needed to talk to me after class. I figured we would need to have a long discussion about how I will need to bring up my grade. In reality she just wanted to tell me that she lost the scrap paper I used during the exam. It's amazing how we can sometimes jump to conclusions and except the worst. As I am writing and looking back on the situation I can not help but feel silly. Sometimes we know more than we think we do and are prepared for challenges that are in front of us. The problem is that we may not believe in ourselves. We just need to have a little faith in our own capabilities. We are all able to do the work, despite the challenge and how impossible it may seem sometimes. It's just a matter of trusting that you are in graduate school for a reason, not because they made a mistake in admissions but because you deserve to be here! In the end, I got a B+ on my research exam! All that worrying for nothing! :)

No comments: