Friday, February 09, 2007

soul/job searching

Probably THE scariest thing about being in this program is leaving this program...

It's not scary because I might not have a job...there are plenty of jobs.

It's not scary because I have massive loans to pay...they'll get paid.

It's not even that scary because I love school and don't want to leave...I'm starting to ok with leaving.

It's scary because I have to ask myself how where I decide to place myself in the next year or two will shape my ideas and forge a path for my future.

Do I want to stay in a job where I feel I have no sense of power or movement?

Is it enough to stay for the clients?

Is it ok to stay somewhere that might kill my social work spirit?

What's more important - working for progress from inside the government out, or from the outside in?

Where the hell do I fit in the grand plan?

Where do I want to go?

What do I want to do?

Who do I want to be a servant to?

There are TOO MANY QUESTIONS...and I only have three months to answer them.

No comments: