Thursday, March 01, 2007

Done with financial aid! (well...almost!)

Today was a great day because I turned in all my forms to the financial aid office! Early in the week, I completed my FAFSA on-line, and then today, I just had to turn in my tax returns and my supplemental financial aid form for graduate students. Standing in line is kind of a pain, but it only took twenty minutes, which wasn't too unbearable! :o) When I got to the front of the line and gave her my forms, she asked me for my W2....the one thing I DIDN'T have. Boo! So tomorrow, my Mom is going to be the best mom ever and fax it in for me. Of course, tomorrow is the deadline, and I'm sure the fax line will be packed, but hopefully it will all work out! I'm just glad it's done and I've turned it (well most of it!) in! Thank goodness! Financial aid is a lot of work, and sometimes it's a little stressful because you have so many other things you have to do too. But it's a part of the USC graduate experience! Or if you are really lucky and don't have to deal with financial aid...well...let me know...we can talk about how you are going to help me fund this expensive endeavor! Of course, it's all worth it. There are moments when you panic for a few seconds, thinking "Oh my goodness, I'm never going to pay this all back! It's going to take YEARS!" and then you go, "Yeah, but I've learned so much, and I'm really happy I'm at one of the top ten institutions in the nation." At least, that's what works for me. :o) My advice for you though is to get it done as quickly as possible, when you aren't busy with work. The FAFSA form only takes about an hour the first time you do it...but luckily for me, I just had to basically renew my last one, so it took like...10 minutes! Small victories people! Hahaha. Just stay on top of everything and it's manageable. You'll get it done...we always do. Just try to do it with as little stress as possible!

No comments: