Monday, March 26, 2007

Crunch Time

I can't believe it. I know everyone's been saying it, but with summer only 5 weeks away and TONS of assignments/tests/finals coming it, it feels like this semester has flown by. Last week I turned in an 18 page paper for my practice class and this week I'm working on my behavior midterm! (right...with only 5 weeks left, we shouldn't be having midterms...I have no idea...go figure!) Last Friday, I was sitting in my seminar, waiting for class to begin when I had the brilliant idea of writing down all the major assignments I still had to do before the semester was over. After I made my list, I had a slight feeling of panic, thinking, "How in the world am I ever going to finish all this in a time span of 6 weeks?" So, like any other normal person, I turned to the girl sitting next to me and said, "Hey, wanna freak out for a second?" to which she, (like any normal social worker) replied "Sure!" and checked out my list so we could both freak out together for a few seconds. Then class started and we forgot about it for awhile. I guess it's really not that intimidating if you do a little bit every week...but I have some other crazy things to accomodate. As an out of town student, it's a big deal when parents come to visit! Mine are here for 9 days to spend some time with me since I haven't seen them in 11 weeks! 11 WEEKS! That's the longest I've ever gone without seeing them! They came in Friday night from Chicago and we've had a lot of fun since. It's amazing how you just adapt to your situation...whatever it may be, and I definitely adapated to not seeing my parents once every month or so. Crazy! Since they are in town, I'm going to try to get my stuff done as quickly and efficiently as possible so I can maximize the time spent with them! Naturally, they are a lot of fun (since they are related to me...haha) and I don't want to be thinking about the papers I have to turn in when I'm with them! I must use my time wisely. I will, I think...just keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: