Friday, March 02, 2007

SPRING BREAK is almost here!

It is finally Friday and the week before spring break is almost here. There are a lot papers due this coming week and that can be stressful at times, but just thinking about spring break seems to get me through it. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy writing papers because we get to choose our topics and that makes it quite enjoyable, however a break is much needed too. I am fortunate that my field has allowed work two Friday’s so that I can take the week off and go home. Being so far away from home is hard sometimes. Yet, it seems we have a break every 3 months where we can go home or take a break from school for a long weekend and enjoy the sunny weather and take some time out for ourselves.
Anyways, as spring break approaches due dates for papers are fast approaching. I cannot believe that we are almost 3/4 of the way done with the 2006-2007 school year. It seems like just yesterday I was packing up my car and making the long drive to L.A. I remember the day that I left feeling so scared that I would not make any friends and that the year would go by so slow. WOW...was I wrong, it seems like the year has just flown by and as for friends everywhere I walk on campus I run into someone I know. It is such a great feeling to know that you are not alone and that everyone is on your team. The year is not over but it soon will be and the thought of not seeing these people of the summer has a bit of a "bummer" feeling. It is amazing how close you get with these people when you are in classes twice a week with them and many of you are experiencing the same feelings. Life turns out to be pretty wonderful sometimes. :)

No comments: