Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Do Not Rid Yourself of First Year Baggage

So I discovered this week that all first year MSW books are HANDY and NECESSARY. Foundation year truly is a foundation for everything else social work related. Anyone who knows me will tell you that working in the clinical setting is quite honestly not my passion . I have nothing but the up most respect for clinicians, but I don't have the magic touch that clinicians do. Anywho, after my foundation year I stacked away all my books that dealt with clinical issues and didn't think much about them. Although, at one point they did cross my mind as I considered selling them. Fortunately I didn't sell my books and I recommend to all incoming students that you save EVERYTHING, all books, papers, assignments, notes....everything. Last night I went down to my bookcase in my garage and retrieved all my dusty first year books to review information on various clinical intervention. I am going through all this trouble because I am interviewing for jobs and clinical skills are critical for any social worker even if we are interviewing for macro positions.

No comments: