Sunday, March 18, 2007

Placement!

Currently, I am working at a family based agency. My job as an intern is to participate in therapy, co facilitate a group, conduct a social/emotional group for preschool children, document visits, manage paper work, participate in case presentation, and start a teen group on violence. There is plenty to do and I feel that I am getting a broad range of experience. At times I do get worried as to whether I will complete paper work on time and I still get overwhelmed but despite this I am getting great experience. I also have a great field instructor who challenges the interns. Whenever we ask a question it would seem that she refers the question back to us. She tries to get us to think on our own and find the answers for ourselves before she instructs us. At my placement we are seen as peers/colleagues, not just interns. We are told that we all have something to offer the agency and to feel free to express concerns. It is a very positive atmosphere that is strength based. I really feel that I lucked out this semester with my placement and I am so happy to be there.

No comments: