Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Team of MIcro and Macro Level Practice

This coming week holds a lot more stress then I care to talk about. I have my last research exam, which I am a bit nervous about and am feeling a bit apprehensive as well. Also I am terminating with most of my clients, which leaves me feeling a little sad. One of my clients has asked to continue in therapy and it has been my recommendation that they continue however due to the lack of resources the client will be referred out to county mental health. It seems a bit disappointing for me since he has grown attached to the agency as a whole and will now be asked to seek services elsewhere because at my agency the interns do most of the therapeutic services therefore when we all leave the agency lacks counseling services. On a more academic and policy level this just tells me there is a lot of work to be done on a more macro level. Making changes at an organizational level takes political changes, which again reinforces the micro-macro team. I have learned a lot about myself as well as the power of policy while working at this agency and it has inspired me to be not only a great clinician but also a superb advocate.

No comments: