Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Countdown Begins!

I have officially begun to countdown to graduation. The entire process is bittersweet. I have to coordinate my schedule to fit in more group projects than I would like (don’t get me started on my feelings about group projects), and I have to prepare for finals. Additionally, I feel like the clock is ticking and I have so much I want to do. I want to personally thank all of the professors that have in the last two years played a critical role in helping me develop as a professional and a social worker. I want to speak to my classmates and future colleagues who have inspired me and I want to share with them what a huge impact they have had in my life during the last two years. On top of all of that I want to finish my MSW strong while keeping in mind that I still have another Master’s degree to finish. I am three classes away from my MPA which I planned to finish this summer. However, due to my new job I will be unable to do so and will finish it this December. If you know me personally, you would know how much it bothers me to have to change my carefully established plans, but one thing I’ve learned in these past two years is that I have to be flexible. I am experiencing some separation anxiety as graduation approaches, but I have come to accept that all good things must come to an end and I have to move on the next chapter of my life.

No comments: