Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Something positive!

Today I met with my client and realized that she has grown throughout our time together. She has an open case with DCFS and was referred to me because she needed to work on issues around anger. When I first met her she stated that she did not hit her children and that she could not understand why she was in her current state. Today when I was in session, she admitted fault and was able to take full responsibility for her actions. I noticed that she is using the breathing techniques we went over and problem solving before she reacts. She is able to view her own childhood and remember the abuse that happened to her. She recognizes the cycle of violence and wishes to put and end to it. Also, it is important to ad that she is handling situations differently. It is amazing to witness such growth in a short amount of time. It sometimes nice to reflect on the change that happens and it's something positive to add to my day!

No comments: