Sunday, April 01, 2007

Living Arrangements During Graduate School

There seem to be a number of pro's and con's to living at home during graduate school. On the positive side I get free room and board, and I have regular access to my mother's cooking for free. On the negative side as the social worker in the family I am expected to assist everyone with their problems. Increasingly I find my family seeking my assistance and support, and all I want is to be left alone to write papers, study, and read. However, I feel guilty saying no so I find myself always helping out. So, before you decide where to live during graduate school I suggest that you create a pro's and con's list to truly assess if the free room and board is worth it.....I'm beginning to think that in my case it is NOT.

No comments: