Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Last Tuesday

I can't believe this is my last week...and today was my last "Tuesday"....SAD!

Looking back:

I'm glad I read my own academic books...
I'm glad I met with social work friends to talk shop...ie. social justice and community change...yay!
I'm glad I got involved this last year...at school...at internship...and at home...and in the community.
I'm glad I refused to let go of my values.
I'm glad I was given the opportunity to give back to my school.
I'm glad I met some pretty awesome first years.
I'm glad I went to therapy...helped me to kick the coffee...(WOW!)
I'm glad I was picky about my electives.
I'm glad I chose to look outside the box at my internship.
I'm glad I went to Skid Row.
I'm glad I'm a SOCIAL WORKER.

Looking forward:

I'm glad I have a job.
I'm glad I feel empowered at my new job.
I'm glad I have the opportunity to ADVOCATE at my new job.
I'm glad I'm working with an agency and people I believe in.
I'm glad I'm working in an agency where I can utilize my macro skills.
I'm glad I'm happy.
I'm glad I'm a SOCIAL WORKER.
...oh yeah...I'm glad I've been 25 days sober! (one day at a time...)

No comments: