Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Foundation Year Fun

So...as the summer approaches I find myself doing a lot of reflecting on this year. I can not believe how far I have come. There have been some great times and some times that were harder than I would have imagined. Yet through it all I have learned so much about who I am. I entered the program thinking I solely wanted to be a clinician I enjoyed working with people, but after the past few weeks of classes as well as doing the "Macro Project" for seminar I find myself really enjoying program changes. I am currently working in a Cal-Learn program that does not offer supportive counseling for it's recipients. As a social work intern I have decided to see if I can find a way to add this service. It may not be feasible at this time, however, change occurs with only one idea. I used to be a bit of a pessimist, now I find myself being more of an optimist. I have enjoyed my field placement so much that the very thought of leaving saddens me greatly. However, I realize that it is just another stepping stone in my graduate school journey.

No comments: