Monday, April 16, 2007

The "Final" Countdown

Sometimes, you start to get panicked thinking about all the assignments you need to turn in before you get to call it quits for the summer. All of my friends seem to be experiencing the same hightened levels of anxiety. About two weeks ago, I made a list in my notebook called the "Final" Countdown. (ha, yes, I think i'm funny!) I had 7 papers to write, 2 tests to study for, and 2 presentations to give. All within the last 4 weeks of school (and the week of finals I guess following). Seeing it on paper helped me plan for it. I'm almost done with one of my finals now, and soon I'll start studying for my last test in research. This is the busiest time of year! I'm also trying to coordinate where I'll be living next year and a job for the summer and packing up all my stuff to move back home for the summer! It's crazy!! Somehow, I've still managed to get things done...I think having read so much at the beginning really helped out now. All I have to focus on is the writing of the papers...and doing additional research, but that always seems like a non-stop process. I AM really looking forward to being done. I think we need a break when we don't have a bunch of deadlines hanging over our heads or assignments to worry about. I told one of my friends that I wasn't going to do any learning this summer, and he just laughed at me and said, "yeah right, you'll start reading for next year!" Unfortunately, he's probably right. I really want to buy some of my books in advance...although I'm not sure how I'm going to figure out what books to buy! Maybe I'll just go to Borders and get a ton of books that look interesting to me that are related to social work...I mean let's be serious, we are going to use references for our papers, so it'll help in the long run! I'm always looking ahead towards the future...but maybe I should learn to live more in the moment. Who knows! If I had more time, I could contemplate that further, but for now...I'm off to getting things checked off my list! 2 more weeks!!!! Crazy!!! Scary, exciting, and hectic all at the same time!

No comments: