Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What A Nice Surprise

Its official my microeconomics class is the most challenging class that I have taken thus far in my life. I won’t lie the very first day that I walked into class I was intimidated. Primarily because when I walked in the professor was already writing economic functions on the board. As I feverishly wrote down everything he said I couldn’t help but feel lost…and scared especially when more than half of our class is composed of economics majors. I recognized that I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. Particularly because the last time I took an economics class I was 17 and wasn’t really paying much attention. So I went through and read the book, I read a couple of chapters twice because for some reason the concept of marginal rate of substitution, and well many other concepts for that matter where just not sticking in my brain. However, I was so surprised today when I was actually able to answer the questions the professor made, and to top it off I was right. Oh yes it was a little icing on the cake that the economics majors didn’t know the answer. I wasn’t excited because I wanted to compete with my classmates, but I was excited to see that I actually learned. Well I did after all take like three hours just to get through one chapter. Anywho, the point is that I surprised myself and actually being able to participate in class discussion gave the boost of confidence that I need to get me through chapters that take me like 2 to 3 hours to read in order for me to understand the material.

No comments: