Sunday, January 21, 2007

Helpers Need Help Too

My first two weeks of school have been a mixed bag. My classes are EXTREMELY interesting, but they require a WHOLE LOT OF READING. I am really, REALLY interested in most of the readings…except for my economics class, but I have realized that I have to read a couple of hours a day, everyday to stay on top of my course work. I am excited to get back to caucus matters, my focus group, and my research assistant work. However, things were slightly rough the first week or so of school. I was having some financial aid issues, primarily because my financial aid package is a lot more complicated than most due to my second master’s degree. So, I suggest that any of you who are interested in a dual degree program seek out information early as to how it will affect your financial aid package. I will be honest I was quite worried about the financial aid issues that I was dealing with, but I looked for help IMMEDIATELY. Always remember that social workers need help also. I was able to get the assistance and guidance that I needed from administration in the school of social work and they helped me every step of the way.

No comments: