Monday, January 08, 2007

Field Trip!

Okay, if you have been following my blog you know that I am a COPA intern, and as a result I see absolutely no clients in my placement because my agency is so LARGE and my role doesn’t require me to see any clients. Therefore, my typical day involves lots of cubicle work, lots of meetings where many decisions must be made, and presentations of my work that influence those decisions. However, today was a special day because it was a field trip day at my internship. I was able to sit in on a commission meeting for a major county department, and it was fascinating to see the dynamics of decision making in the room. It was awesome to see how much influence social workers had in the group, and it was really nice to see the interdisciplinary work that was being done. I was also excited about riding the metro to the meeting place, which is something I haven’t yet done in L.A. even though I was born and raised in L.A.

The field trip was a total surprise and it made the first day back in field very exciting. I will miss my leisurely winter break days where I would indulge in sleep, reading books for fun, painting, and just socializing, but to be honest it’s good to be back. : )

No comments: