Saturday, November 18, 2006

This is more than a project...

Well I'm sitting here developing methodology that will evaluate the cultural competence of an entire county agency. It's a "class project", but in reality we are out there as consultants. My group and I are developing methodology that can be implemented to evaluate the cultural competence of a County agency that serves approximately 200,000 clients each year, and they provide services in about 12 languages...and that is not exhaustive of all the languages spoken in Los Angeles County. So, as I sit here and look for ways to assess cultural competence in Human Resources it struck me....Oh no THIS IS NOT JUST A PROJECT. So...if you're looking into COPA and are looking to truly assess greater organizational effectiveness, or efficiency come to COPA...and definitely look into Dr. Hatanaka for Research (Program Evaluation). Initially, I thought this was our final, but I just realized its much greater than that. : )

No comments: