Friday, November 10, 2006

Feeling Tired...Wearing many different hats

Tired ain't the word...I AM EXAUSTED! Just as soon as I completed hours of work on my midterms, I am getting more tired from thinking about all I have to do to get through finals. Not only that, I have to spend all weekend helping my 7 year-old finish his first science project for school. And let me not forget to take my husband's clothes to the cleaners, clean the house, do the laundry, and shop for groceries. Does anyone want to make a donation to help me pay for a trip to the spa? :-) Or, any other stress reduction techniques in mind? Oh yea, I suppose I can take a walk on the beach and do some deep breathing exercises. I think I'll go to the gym and jog off my feelings of anxiety and fatigue. Oh, I know of a really cheap way of reducing some of my stress...SLEEP. Yea, that should do it. I'll sleep in tomorrow morning and be sure to be in bed by 10pm tomorrow night.

Being a graduate student, mom, and wife takes a lot of endurance, strength, and determination! But, there are ways to cope with wearing all of these hats- you just have to take the student hat off temporarily and place it back on when it's time to study, write papers, attend classes, and associate among you school peers, professors, and at internship. In turn, it is important not to forget that your other hats in life cannot be removed, not even temporarily.

The principle of self-care is significant for all people, especially as a social work graduate student. Use it!

Diary of a Social Work Student- mother, wife, etc.

No comments: