Monday, December 04, 2006

The Worse is OVER!!!!

Okay,

So last week I had two presentations. One was 30 minutes and the other was 40 minutes. By far the worse is over. Although, I am comfortable with public speaking there were certain elements that made last week's presentations ultra anxiety provoking. For my Program Design/Grantwriting we presented as if we were seeking funding for a program that our group designed. The challenge is that you must be able to justify your rationale for EVERYTHING, I mean seriously from our chosen intervention, to whether or not the budget was fiscally sound (we did extra well in that area 'cause I had a budget and finance class this semester...thank goodness for that budget class....wow never thought I would say that). Anywho, then we had to present a research methodology that will actually be used to assess cultural competence interventions in a major county agency, and the professor brought in the variuos agency representatives to see our presentations....needless to say I was a bit NERVOUS! Good news is that we made it through...and now I just have one 30 pager, 1 grant to finish writing, and a comprehensive exam...and I am a FREE WOMAN!!!!! Oh yes...went to the USC/UCLA game Saturday and had a blast at a tailgate hosted by USC MSW alumni, but of course the loss put a damper on my good mood....and lets just say I'm not ready to talk about it yet 'cause I'm still processing the loss.

No comments: